I am writing to inform you of the arrangements for the end of term and expectations for the start of the new school year in September.
From Monday, 18 to Thursday, 21 July lessons will be as normal. Please ensure your child attends school on time every day this week for a prompt start to registration at 8.45am. Friday, 22 July will be a non-uniform day for students, there is no charge for this. Students will be dismissed from school at 12.45pm and the school buses will be available at this earlier time. There will be an extended canteen service available at break time for all students. Those entitled to the Free School Meal allowance will be able to access it at break time.
During the last weeks of the academic year, we celebrate our achievements and showcase our learning community. We enjoyed our Year 11 Prom at the Last Drop Hotel and we also staged our brilliant school production of Grease, with six performances over three days. Beyond that we have our Sports Day, our Rewards Trip to Alton Towers as well as numerous curriculum visits to enhance our students’ cultural capital. In the final week of term, we will also host our Achievement Assemblies when we celebrate the academic successes of our students.
As always, we will also be placing an unrelenting focus on our ‘high expectations, no excuses’ culture from September to ensure that we build on our tradition of academic success year-on-year for Sharples students. Our high expectations extend to school uniform, as when they are wearing their uniforms, our students are ambassadors for Sharples. To maintain these high standards, I would like to draw your attention to the following statements from our Uniform Policy:
- All pupils require a school bag for books, equipment, etc.
- Shoes should be black polishable or simulated leather. Black laces only. No boots, canvas shoes or trainer style shoes, including branded sports makes, for example (but not limited to) Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Converse and Vans
- Make-up, jewellery and nail varnish must not be worn for school. If ears are already pierced, one small, plain stud may be worn in each earlobe
For full details of our Uniform Policy, please refer to the school website – https://www.sharplesschool.co.uk/policies/
In the “Information” section on the website you will also find Information Packs which contain a wealth of useful information to support you in the new academic year.
Finally, I would like to thank you for your continued support for our school, and remind you of the following key dates:
- Year 7 students will start on Tuesday 6, September, they should arrive no later than 8.40am to ensure a prompt start to the school day at 8.45am
- All other year groups (Y8-Y11) will return on Wednesday 7, September, they should arrive no later than 8.40am to ensure a prompt start to the school day at 8.45am
I hope you have a safe and restful summer and I look forward to welcoming your child back to Sharples for the start of the new school year.
Ms A Webster (Headteacher)