The overarching aim for Performing Arts at Sharples is for all learners to develop socially and academically from an artistic perspective, promoting a sense of self-worth, confidence and resilience through performance styles, genres and traditions in Music, Drama and Dance. Our ambition is that learners will be equipped to explore, perform and enjoy a range of topics and art forms, from past and present, generated from different times, places and cultures with accuracy and expression.
The Sharples Performing Arts Curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
- become independent, imaginative and inquisitive individuals
- understand and develop an appreciation for the arts and its history
- use technologies appropriately
- develop creative problem-solving skills
- express and collaborate ideas, developing team building skills.