RS at Sharples intends to allow pupils to develop their understanding and appreciation for cultural and religious beliefs and practices. Knowledge and understanding of these key elements provides the opportunity to cultivate a deep respect for cultural and religious expression. RE at Sharples is integral in allowing pupils to understand religious difference, break misconceptions and build tolerance.
RS at Sharples aims to:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of religious beliefs and practices.
- Foster an understanding of difference and build tolerance as a result.
- Develop GCSE skills throughout the RE experience (The Pathway Model).
- Allow pupils to freely express their views appropriately in a safe and supporting environment.
- Give pupils the opportunity to use knowledge, understanding and skills to respond effectively in assessment-based activities.