The overarching aim for MFL at Sharples is for all learners to develop the four skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing in the target language as well as the ability to identify grammatical and lexical links between English and the target language. Our ambition is that learners will gain the confidence to understand how to use the written and spoken language in a transactional and creative way.
The Sharples MFL curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
- understand and respond to spoken and written language
- speak with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity
- can write at varying length, for different purposes and audiences
- discover and develop an appreciation of a range of writing in the language studied
- develop an understanding and appreciation of different cultures, customs and traditions