At Sharples, the Computing Department addresses all areas of the Computing and Business curriculum in our aim to prepare pupils for the digital world. We ensure all pupils experience a wide range of content covering pure computer science such as programming, to the creative skills such as interactive media, and to key aspects of enterprise and business. We also ensure pupils are equipped with the basic digital literacy skills needed to succeed at Sharples and beyond.
The Sharples Computing Curriculum aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Are competent in the use of key software such as Microsoft Office
- Experience a range of creative software packages including web design, video editing and image creation
- Have the opportunity to write computer programs using a both block and text based languages
- Understand the concepts of computational thinking and the use of algorithms in problem solving
- Understand ways to use technology safely, respectfully and securely including protecting their online identity