Re: NEU Industrial Action – Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th March 2023
You may be aware that the National Education Union (NEU) has called two further days of industrial action on Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th March 2023. At this point, discussions between the NEU and the Government have not reached a resolution therefore it is highly likely that the planned strike will go ahead. In order to enable you to make any necessary arrangements, please be aware of the following information.
A significant number of our employees are members of the NEU and as such we will be affected by the industrial action. As a result of this, the following arrangements will be in place on Wednesday 15th and Thursday 16th March 2023
- The Year 11 Art Exam will take place on these dates.
- Other students in Year 11 will attend school to complete outstanding coursework components, these students will be notified by Mr Savage. All other Year 11 students will study at home, work will be provided for them.
- Year 10 students should attend their work experience placements as planned.
- School will be closed to students in Years 8 and 9. Work packs to support learning at home will be provided.
- Year 7 arrangements:
- Wednesday 15th March – Y7 students in SHAR forms ONLY to attend school as normal.
- Thursday 16th March – Y7 students in PLES forms ONLY to attend school as normal.
- School will be closed to Y7 students not invited into school on their designated day. Work packs to support learning at home will be provided.
As we did during the Pandemic and in line with the Department for Education Guidance, we will also provide in-school places for vulnerable students and to the children of critical workers regardless of their year group. If you are a critical worker and you wish to send your child into school, please complete the following form by 9.00am on Monday 13th March.
The school will reopen as normal to all students on Friday 17th March 2023.