Ethos & Values
We are a vibrant learning community with a culture that promotes
academic excellence, equality and high expectations for all.
We aim to provide our students with the knowledge, skills and qualities that will
enable them to become successful citizens of the future.
Sharples School aspires to be an outstanding school, a school where:
- students make better than expected progress and attainment meets or exceeds national expectations;
- attendance is excellent because lessons are exciting and the curriculum meets the needs of our young people meaning they want to come to school;
- we are the first choice for Sharples families, not just for academic success but because we care about every child, use strategies to meet their individual needs and ensure no-one is left behind;
- young people demonstrate a good relationship with our wider community and are held up as ambassadors and positive role models for others;
- the best teachers and support staff want to work here;
- a broad range of enrichment activities and trips enables our young people to experience things that may have otherwise been inaccessible to them.
Our Vision: ‘Learn, Dream, Achieve’