Pupils from Sharples School have been taking part in ‘The Skills Club’. This is a voluntary after-school initiative that provides a vocational taster programme for 14 year old pupils. The initiative involved introducing the participants to a wide range of potential job opportunities that are on offer with a career in the NHS. Six interactive workshops were held in trusts in the area:
- Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- NHS Foundation Trust
- North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen Hospital Trust
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Wrightington Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
They recently celebrated the partnership between Skills for Health Academy North West and the seven schools throughout the region who have collaborated to allow pupils access to an after school Skills Club.
The celebration was in the form of an awards ceremony, in which, our pupils received their certificates.