Key Stage 3 Information
Points to Note
Pupils are in mixed ability sets until Year 9 when they are split into 3 sets.
History skills unit
• The Battle of Hastings and the Norman Conquest
• Medieval England
• The Tudors
• The Stuarts and the English Civil War
• The British Empire
• The Slave Trade
• The Industrial Revolution
• Immigration Nation
• The Women’s Suffrage Movement
• Causes and events of WWI
• Hitler’s Germany and causes of WWII
• Events of WWII
• The Holocaust
Key Stage 4 Information
Points to Note
Pupils are in mixed ability classes in KS4.
AQA GCSE History
Paper One Section A: America, 1920–1973: Opportunity and inequality
• Part one: American people and the ‘Boom’
• Part two: Bust – Americans’ experiences of the Depression and New Deal
• Part three: America’s post-war society
Paper One Section B: Conflict and tension, 1918–1939
• Part one: Peace-making
• Part two: The League of Nations and international peace
• Part three: The origins and outbreak of the Second World War
Paper Two Section A: 2B Britain: Power and the people
• Part one: Challenging authority and feudalism
• Part two: Challenging royal authority
• Part three: Reform and reformers
• Part four: Equality and rights
Paper Two Section B: Elizabethan England, c1568–1603
• Part one: Elizabeth’s court and Parliament
• Part two: Life in Elizabethan times
• Part three: Troubles at home and abroad
• Part four: The historic environment of Elizabethan England (site visit)
Visit the website (http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/history/gcse/history-8145).
• History club every Tuesday.
• Trips in KS3 to relevant Historic landmarks such as Lancaster Castle.
• International trip to the WWI battlefields.
• Site visit in Y11 to a Tudor Manor.
• Opportunities to interact with leading Historians- e.g. Live Q&A session with Dan Snow on the Battle of Hastings.