Health & Social Care
BTEC First Level 2 Health and Social Care
This qualification has been developed to provide an engaging introduction to the Health and Social Care Sector.
It is aimed at pupils who have an interest in: Nursing, Primary School Teacher, Midwifery, Social Work, Nursey Nurse, Paramedic or Care worker.
● Gain a broad understanding and knowledge of the health and social care sector.
● Gain a focused understanding of health and social care through 3 specialist units.
● Have the opportunity to develop a range of personal skills and techniques, through units that are essential for successful performance in working life.
● Have the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised level 1/level 2 health and social care qualification.
● Have the opportunity to progress into a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic course or into an apprenticeship.
External assessment Unit 1: 25% Written exam (1 hour)
Internal assessment Units 2, 5, 6: 75% Non exam assessment will be internally assessed, 3 x projects.
Unit 2: Health and Social Care Values
Unit 5: Promoting Health and Wellbeing
Unit 6: The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
Links to Exam Board Specifications
View the specification document (https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/BTEC-Firsts/Health-and-Social-Care/2012/Specification-and-sample-assessments/9781446936283_BTECFIRST_L12_AWD_HSC_Iss3.pdf).
Additional learning session one night per week